Re: Silicone Sealants in Electrical Applications (fwd)

Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:15:28 -0600
From: Shaun Epp <scepp@xxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Silicone Sealants in Electrical Applications (fwd)

You don't want to use regular sillicone sealant, it has acetic acid in it
which will eat metal!

There is varieties available that doesn't use acetic acid, specially made
for electronics.  I think I remember Dow Corning make some, but it's
expensive stuff.  Another alternative is aquarium sillicone glue, from what
I've read it has no acid and safe for the fishies.

Shaun Epp