Re: Using SCR's For Regulating Input Current (fwd)

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:06:57 -0000
From: colin heath <colin.heath4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Using SCR's For Regulating Input Current (fwd)

hi there,
            the scrs are indeed as you say used for pulse width modulation.
the control signal needs to come from some source that controls this. i
would suggest an ic instead of the discreet method as they include zero volt
switching and other useful features. there are many chips about to do this
just google it. i have just aordered some form texas which are the uc3524an
chips but without knowing the current and voltage required to switch the
gates on your devices i wouldnt know if its any good.
cheers
colin heath