RE: Xenon Short Arc Igniter Help? (fwd)

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:34:11 +1100
From: Tom Luttrell PWRCOM <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Xenon Short Arc Igniter Help? (fwd)

If you use a high frequency pulse (from an ignition coil for example)
you can place some high current inductors in the DC leads to prevent the
pulse travelling into the DC power supply. Obtaining the wire to wind
these monsters could be tricky, maybe they could be wound from surplus
lead from the welder.

Placing a capacitor between the DC side of the inductors will enhance
the low pass characteristic and allow smaller sized inductors, but you
will be attenuating the HV a little more.