Re: Can crushing (fwd)

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:17:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence@xxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Can crushing (fwd)

Peter Terren,
             great web page and experiments (now I know what caps to be on
the lookout for!)...

I see you're wiring your caps in parallel, however

J = 1/2 * C * V**2

means that two caps in parallel double the energy, but two caps in series
quadruple the energy (if you have the power supply voltage...)

['cept for putting caps in series halves the capacitance as well as
doubles the working voltage, so for a given number of caps, the energy
stays the same regardless of how they're connected. SRR]

-Pete Lawrence.