Re: Can crushing (fwd)

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:53:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence@xxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Can crushing (fwd)

Colin,
      my math is already suspect (!), but it sounds like you're half way
there to a coin-shrinker, which IIRC takes 4000 to 8000 J.

personally I'll probably pass on trying a can-crusher or coin-shrinker,
if a cap blows you're in big do-do unless you've build a welded steel
containment box, but looking at others' web pics its pretty cool...

I wonder whats the technology in the defib caps verses MMC caps
	.5 * 35   * 6**2   -> 630 J
	.5 *  .15 * 1.5**2 ->   0.17 J
it would take an enormous number of MMC caps to build a coin-shrinker or
even a can-crusher...

-Pete Lawrence.