Snubbers (fwd)

Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:09:07 +0930
From: Matthew Smith <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Snubbers

Hi All

I know it's not the first time I've asked questions on snubbers, but
they are still something of a black art to me...

I found the following article:
<http://www.ridleyengineering.com/snubber.htm>

My interpretation is that I can size the resistor simply by giving it
the same impedance value of the leakage inductance of the transformer.
If I put an inductance meter (or my DMM) on the primary of a
transformer, how much of the inductance measured is leakage inductance?

I'm still working on building a PWM flyback driver where none of the
bits get hot...

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith