Radar (?) Flyback (fwd)

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:51:43 +0930
From: Matthew Smith <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Radar (?) Flyback

Hi All

I have some old Thomson flybacks, supposedly from radar duty.

Having some other related bits, I surmise that what is inside is a
medium TV-sized flyback transformer and a rather hefty voltage
multiplier.  These units are potted in some sort of rubber, with
fibreglass board at the bottom, two terminals for primary and one for
ground.  Some of the units have leads with anti-corona caps on, others
just a socket (looks a bit like a 4mm banana socket).

Anyone like to hazard a guess at what frequency they should be running at?

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
South Australia