Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:44:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: davep@xxxxxxxx
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Electric Mousetraps have been proposed before, patented, etc.
(OK: I'vr not looked, but its true...)
wwww.pto.gov
or close to that....

I'd guess the zap from the usual disposable camera flash is way
too low for 'random contact' extinction.  Mains power can deliver
(briefly) 100s of amps for a substnatial fraction of a second...
Way more than the CD supply in a camera.

By Coincidence NPR had a segment on 'better mousetraps' this
weekend.  Likely a dig thru their webiste will come up with an audio
file.  I Did not notice an electric ones there, tho.

best
 dwp