Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:53:03 -0400
From: Neon John <jgd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Of Mice and HV (fwd)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:48:12 -0600 (MDT), "High Voltage list"
<hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

I've tried that.  I bought the biggest baddest stun gun available from
the local flea market vendor.  "675,000 volts" printed right on the
side.  From the arc length, I'd say 50-75kv max but with a lot of
joules.  Quite a distinctive sound.  I bought the thing to drive a
home-made X-ray tube but it happened to come in handy for mouseicide.

I found a mouse in one of my glue traps, still alive and kicking. This
gun is large enough that one prong could touch the mouse's head and
the other the base of his tail.  It took several seconds of zapping to
completely kill it.
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain