Voltage doubler, for capacitor charging (fwd)

Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 16:44:55 -0800
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Voltage doubler, for capacitor charging

Hello All,

I have a 15/120 (dual) NST power supply. I like this circuit and think it
would be a good place to get my $200 worth of the Maxwell .03uf/30kv  caps.
The final cap would be an MMC to reach .015uf 4x input rating. I have 400K
in series with the charging circuit which will limit the current demand to
.11a something @ ~45 KV

The catch is the grounded output of the NST. Could I run the NST's floating
or will that stress the windings?   And then there is neutral. any ideas
anyone. Everything else will be at ground. Caps other PS etc. I don't want
to stress these NST's as I bought then new and know there history. Although
I would like to use them! A Dry 5KVA Potential took them out of service on
my 8" coil which is going through metamorphosis.

Thanks,

Jim Mora