symetry in the capacitor stack for voultage doubling (fwd)

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:31:58 -0800
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: symetry in the capacitor stack for voultage doubling

Hello all,

Please look at the target Cockcroft - Walton ( credit to Greinacher)  full
wave diode multiplier.

It is unclear to me if the outer diodes see 1/v that the center diode does
in a grounded center-point supply. My intuition would say yes. That would
leave to my next question. Thusly, should the value of C center remain the
same at 2x voltage,  for voltage/power transfer.

http://www.blazelabs.com/e-exp15.asp

Please see the center ground schematic. I have pair of 115/60 =120ma. They
are driven by 140 variac. I would like to know the ideal symmetry BTW the
outer diodes and inter  diodes for capacitance and voltage ratios.

50KV is desirable using this decommissioned Transco 15/120 among other
choices, to charge this mighty cap with. I would like to use the Neons for
simplicity. (other Transformers for other purposes) Perhaps I need two
stages to overcome the 400Kohm series limiting resistors to the 50KV Cap?

I have all manner of caps but will buy more to make this clean and reliable
for a demonstration

Thanks for all you help.

Jim Mora