Some more Marx questions (fwd)

Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:31:32 -0700
From: Jonathan Peakall <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Some more Marx questions

Hi All,

I'm slowly working on my Marx. The 6 kV diodes arrived, so I made some 42kV
strings with 7 diodes per string. I put them into some nice little tubes I
had, and the used brass tubing at the ends for the contacts. Fits nicely
into a standard fuse holder.

Anyway, to the questions: The diagram from Dr. R and others for the voltage
doubler with a center tapped transformer has the ground seperate from the
negative side of the doubler. All the Marx schematics I see show the arc
going to ground. In my case, I would want the arc to go to the negative side
of the supply for maximum spark, right?

It seems however, that arrangment would be hard on the power supply. So, can
anyone point me to a schematic that uses a center tapped transformer with a
doubler to feed a Marx bank?

Many, many thanks for all the help!

Jonathan
www.madlabs.info