Re: "lightning machine" at Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry? (fwd)

Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:03:35 -0600
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "lightning machine" at Chicago's Museum of Science & Industry?
    (fwd)

It was not a Cockroft-Walton circuit. It was a classic Marx impulse
generator.  I repaired it for them several times.  The original design used
HV resistors that were too small and they kept frying.  The generator was
quickly and quitely removed from service when someone discovered the caps
were filled with PCBs.  It was a 1,000,000 Volt Marx generator.

Dr. Resonance