Re: Exploding wire (fwd)

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:05:35 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Exploding wire (fwd)

Just start small and play and you will get a feel for it better than
prescribing a particular length. You can save the big shots when the camera
is ready and audience avaiable.  There are many variables such as inductance
and switching characteristics and degrees of disintegration of the wire. You
might even try coiling it for a different effect.
If your camera has a manual option, trigger your camera shutter, then the
cap the close the camera shutter. Gives really great shots that look better
on film than in real life (since I tend to blink and miss it!).

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com