Kirlian Machine (fwd)

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:28:54 -0500
From: Billy Baty <bbbaty@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Kirlian Machine

Hello everyone,

I would like to build a Kirlin machine. There are simple ones that flash
just long enough to make a quick photo on photographic paper and there
are more complex ones that produce a current for an extended or
continuous length of time. I would like to build a complex one.

The only information I currently have is that the Kirlian machine
produces high voltage with extremely low amperage. I am only guessing
that the voltage is somewhere in the 20k range but have no idea about
the amps. Stun guns' voltages are around 20k to 120k and deliver quite a
shock. I am guessing that Kirlian machines will have similar voltages
with quite a bit less amperage.

Someone mentioned that someone else had made a nice Kirlian machine out
of an automobile ignition coil.

Supposedly the high voltage, low amperage current is conducted through a
metal plate where anything touching the plate will glow with the Kirlian
light energy. There may be a plastic covering on the plate. This light
energy is produced in nature, is a form of lightening and is called St
Elmo's Fire, albeit rare.

How about a 12volt car battery, connected to an ignition coil, but then
what?

Anyone know how I could build such a machine?

All the best,

Billy Baty