Re: The Geek Group High Voltage Capacitors, making a HV switch, or HV switch gear (fwd)

Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:37:30 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>, hvlist <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The Geek Group High Voltage Capacitors, making a HV  switch,
     or HV switch gear (fwd)

At 07:09 PM 10/29/2006, High Voltage list wrote:
>Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

I would use air cylinders (you can use plastic tubing to carry the
air) driving pieces of copper pipe as the electrodes.

Small air cylinders are available from a variety of sources (e.g. C&H
Sales for surplus, Bimba, Parker and Clippard for new).  You can find
solenoid valve manifolds with half a dozen or more 3way or 4 way
valves on them and hook it up to an inexpensive air
compressor.  Typical cylinders run <$10 each.

Watch out for the cost of the fittings.. they run a buck or two each,
but they add up.

You can also get pneumatic toggle switches and push buttons.