Re: faraday cage questions (fwd)

Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:14:35 -0600
From: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: faraday cage questions (fwd)

Hah! of course.  that makes perfect sense (i admit, i never *really*
thought about how the cage worked in detail).

I have some updates on my progress:  I did test a small SSTC (only
3-4" output spark running a few hundred watts) in the basement.  No
complaints from the house-mates despite TV and other electronics just
upstairs.  This is fine and all for the tiny SSTC, but when i start to
tinker with marx-gen's and my larger tesla coils, im sure i will want
a cage.  I might in fact already have the perfect space to build a
semi-perminent cage.  I will update the list if/when i tackle this
project.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments and suggestions, i did
learn a good bit about cages ;-).

Steve