[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondaries

Date:          Wed, 27 Apr 1994 08:38:51 +0700
From:          tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com (Nikola Tesla (Chip Atkinson))
To:            sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu
Subject:       Re: Secondaries

I am

A good source of theoretical and practical information is the book
"Modern Tesla Coil Theory" for $20 by Duane Bylund, published by
Tesla Book Company, P.O. Box 121873, Chula Vista, CA 91912, phone
1-800-398-2056 (free catalog available).  The Bylund book is an
8.5"x11", 140 page spiral bound book with chapters on:
    1. RLC circuits
    2. Transmission line theory
    3. Tesla secondary coils
    4. Capacitive discharge Tesla coils
    5. Vacuum tube tesla coils, and
    6. Transistor tesla coils

The book is somewhat technical in places, but not overly so.  Duane
also suggests practical tuning and troubleshooting tips, most of which
can be used with a minimum of instrumentation.

As for parts resources, look in the yellow pages for neon sign
companies; they will probably have used transformers for sale.  Other
valuable resources might be your local amateur radio club and any
hamfests you can find in your area (hamfests = Amateur Radio flea
markets that usually have all sorts of good stuff cheap if you know what
you're looking for).
Steven Roys (sroys-at-anchorage.ab.umd.edu)