[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer current

Greetings once again,

I have a transformer power question.  I don't have an AC amp meter so I an
using a high power resistor (.25 ohm) in series with the transformers.  I
have two 12kv 30ma transformers in parallel.  The load is my cylindrical
spark gap.  I measure and compute the current to be 6.0 amps with no pfc
capacitor and 2.4 amps with an 86 to 103 mfd capacitor.  What I started doing
here was trying to dial in the correct capacitor.

If the transformers are 80% efficient and they are putting out 12kv, I
compute the secondary current to be 19 ma.  Can anyone explain why it is not
30ma?

Thanks,  Ed Sonderman