[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

UPDATE

 * Carbons Sent to: lisanap-at-cats.ucsc.edu

Quoting Mark Napier:

 > Richard,
 > I've been getting a lot done the last week or so.  I have one
 > rolled cap finished, except for the oil.  My secondary is
 > wound. I got 850 turns on it, and about 5 coats of varnish so
 > far.

So far your looking very good!

 > Next major assembly is the primary.  Should the inside radius
 > be one inch larger than the secondary radius?  Or could it be
 > larger to accomadate a larger secondary (6" dia) in the
 > future?

Yes, and yes. The problem here is that there is a big jump
between a four inch coil and a six. I would reco two different
primaries for best performance, but you can trade off and make
one primary serve on two coils.

 > Is there a problem placing the cap to close to the primary?
 > (induction?)

There will be some effect from any conductive structure that is
too close to the primary/secondary field flux.

 > Can I use the cap tank as a pedestal for the primary/secondary
 > assembly?

You can do this on a small coil, but at higher powers I could see
where a problem or two might develop.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12