Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 19:41:28 +0200 (EET)
From: Kristian Tapani Ukkonen <kukkonen-at-snakemail.hut.fi>
To: Richard Quick <richard.quick-at-slug.st-louis.mo.us>
Subject: RE: CAP DESIGN

Hello again!

I forgot to ask about this in the previous message:
>For the coil above, plain old DC resistance should be over 50 Ohms.
>The high-frequency resistance calculation is giving 35 Ohms.
>Doesn't seem right does it? The book speaks repeatedly of
>*series resistance*. Apparently that's not the DC resistance.

The quote above is written by a friend of mine who is writing
a tesla-coil design program.. Could you enlight him a bit
about what "series resistance" really means in this issue?
(I think he's writing about a secondary coil)

Yours,

  Kristian.

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12