[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: AC AMP METERS

>  ES> Do I need a special high frequency meter for this?
>
> No.

I was wondering this myself.  If you're trying to measure the RF current
in the secondary at a few hundred kHz (at least), how can you use a
meter that's designed for 60Hz?  I have an RF ammeter (rated for 5A)
that uses the RF current to heat up a calibrated thermocouple that
generates a DC current that is then used to read out the amperage...do
you think this would be overwhelmed by a 4" coil, an 6" coil, etc...?

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)