[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TESLA, PFC

 * Originally By: Rick Eley
 * Originally To: Richard Quick
 * Originally Re: TESLA, PFC
 * Original Area: FIDOElectron
 * Forwarded by : Blue Wave v2.12

I haven't played with PFC's before and have a question for you.
Right now I have a little coil that uses a 10kv/23ma ignition xformer.
Do you think it would improve performance (such as it is) to add a PFC
cap ? If so, whats your best guess for the value? Not being up on PFC
theory, would a value less than the calculated one have any effect ?
I have a 13.5uf/330vac I pulled from something I was thinking about
throwing across my transformer. I read your posts on PFC, but all your
references were for neon xfr's.(thanks for the cool posts, though.)
Thanks in advance...
           Rick

-!-
 * RM 1.0  * Eval Day 56 * Of course it's grounded,
watch....YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH....

 ! Origin: Sinbad's Shack BBS Chesapeake VA (1:275/34)
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12