[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GROUND CURRENTS

TE>From richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org Tue Mar  7 01:13 MST 1995

TE> * Carbons Sent to: jim.oliver-at-welcom.gen.nz

TE>Quoting Jim Oliver:

TE> JO> I would like to understand this properly. By "system ground"
TE> JO> do you mean the "large buried conductor" out back ?

TE>Yeah. I use the term "system ground" to mean the "dedicated RF
TE>ground".

TE> JO> Are you saying that you have two identical secondaries, one
TE> JO> connected to system ground and the other connected up into
TE> JO> the Tesla <tank> circuit ? Then fire the coil, and watch
TE> JO> arcs coming off the other secondary ?

TE>That is what I mean, though "tuned secondaries" is perhap better
TE>wording than "identical secondaries"; they need to resonate at

Richard goes on to explain this in some detail.

TE> JO> One of my problems here is that we lack a real circuit
TE> JO> diagram of all these things. I know you have posted some,

TE>I do my best. The most recent GIF circuit diagram that I have

Geees Richard, thats the understatement of the year. Personally I
think what you're doing is really very very good and incredibly
helpful to us guys out here. Your input is fabulous. You may not
get feedback when all the time but I assure you, there's not much
that isn't read at this end.

TE>Kristian Ukkonen has placed the GIF, with the text outline, into
TE>the ftp site. Along with this GIF he included GIFs (and text)

I will get onto Kristian again.

TE>Now back to the experiment:

TE>1) You need a Tesla coil system: Working Tesla coil with power
TE>supply, tank circuit, secondary coil, discharger, and a HEAVY RF

The whole thing has been wonderfully described (at great cost to
your spare time no doubt)

This sort of thing is what Tesla used to do according to the
"biographies" I've read. At the time of reading these I didn't
know _exactly_ how he did it, now you have explained it it all
makes perfect sense :-)

I would really like to see some coilers in this group reproduce
and discuss some of this work. It is not hard, nor is it
complicated or expensive. All that is needed is to build up to
the point where you have at least two decent secondaries of
different sizes and resonate frequencies, three or more toriod
dischargers, and a decent high efficiency primary coil and tank
circuit. Stuff every serious coiler should have "off the shelf".

well guy's ? Howsabout it ?

Jim Oliver <jim.oliver-at-welcom.gen.nz> (3:771/370)

 * SLMR 2.1a *