[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ball lightning response

cc: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com

Richard,

You must have made it back from Las Vegas.  Congratulations again.  I hope
your wife enjoys your Tesla hobby.  How was the wedding?  Did you come back
with any money?

Thanks for your response on ball lightning information.

I am currently building my first rotary spark gap.  I am using a 1/4 H.P. DC
motor, 3/8" dia. Lexan wheel 10.0" in diameter.  The fixed electrodes are
tungsten and the rotary electrodes are stainless steel cap nuts - like Mark
said he uses.  How large of a fan do I need to cool this?  I plan to build a
wooden box to sit over the top of it ( I will cover the top with flashing for
a strike shield) and I was going to mount a 100 cfm fan in one end and drill
some holes in the other end.  Is this adequate?

My commercial capacitor should ship in a few days.  Things are going to get
very exciting soon!

Ed Sonderman