[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power curve

>Hi all,
>         I was interested to read Mark B.'s solution to this.
>> My plan for my big coil is to voltage double (with diodes and caps)
>the
>> 18KV from the transformer to produce about 45KVDC which I will feed
>> the primary cap through a charging choke and series diode (I
>already
>> have these devices).

It may be possible to make a multiplier using MV rectifier valves. I dont
know if they can be used for the purpose, but they would probably be more
reliable in a 'solid-state semiconductor unfriendly' enviroment as a tesla
coil produces.

I have a bunchof 866 rectifiers and would be interested in ideas. Anyone
have any?

Marcus