[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Windings

> I built my coil so the primary is wound opposite to the secondary.

> It would probably be easier to flip the
> secondary over rather than unfasten the copper tubing of the primary.

It would indeed be easier to flip your secondary over but it would do
absolutely nothing (assuming you are using a standard 3-dimensional
rotation :->   ) - the "handedness" of your coil would be unchanged.

Unless you are using a two coil setup where phasing would be
important, I can't think of a reason that would make it important whether
the primary and secondary are wound in the same direction or not.

Steven Roys (sroys-at-radiology.ab.umd.edu)