[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thin Wall PVC

How critical is it to use thin wall PVC?  I could only find schedule 40
pipe in six inch diameter in my area.  I simply sealed the pipe with more
coats of urethane than I probably needed.  The rest of Richard Quicks
instructions were followed to the letter.

About spark gaps... I constructed a rotary gap electrode disk yesterday.
I used a hardened steel plywood saw blade which I grinded the teeth off
of.  I then drilled holes in the blade and mounted sixteen electrodes.
The electrodes are made off threaded rod,  mounted with 1/4 inch nuts to
the disk.  I rounded the ends of the rod to provide a better gap
surface.  I then sealed the nuts in place with two part epoxy to prevent
loosening during the expansion/contraction during heating.  The whole
disk will be mounted to a AC motor with variable speed control.  Will
this gap system be sufficient to quench a neon system, or should I wire a
cylinder static gap with it?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!