[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: status report, questions, etc.

BTW, 50" of spark from a 4" coil is great.  What is your input, 12kv at
120ma?  If so, you are getting the same performance at that power level that
I got from my 6" coil - or better!

<<<
I have a bank of 3 15kV neons: 30, 30, and 60 ma. == 120ma.
I used a compressed air gap that was opened to about 3/4" and had about 20
psi blasting out the spark.  I measured the spark length by looking where
the spark hit on the workbench and measuring from the closest spot of the
toroid to the bench.  One thing that bothers me is that I had to open up
the saftey gaps quite a bit.  Electrically, this seemed reasonable since
as the spark gap increases, the saftey gap would need to increase to keep
it from firing instead.

Chip