[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Construction

 * Carbons Sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz "Malcolm Watts":

> The reason I ask is because there is a well known photograph
> of one of the MASTER's large coils (in a building) clearly
> throwing sparks twice its height, yet without a plastic former,
> no sparks internally. The coil is clearly effectively suspended
> in air.

Tertiary winding though. There is no ground reference at the base
in this configuration. The tertiary or "extra" coil is base fed
with substantial voltage by RF transmission line from the top of
the primary/secondary - oscillator/transformer set. This
configuration was invented specifically to remove the problem of
breakdown in two coil systems. This photo shows the Tesla
Magnifier configuration, not a standard 1/4 wave secondary.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12