[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Proven design

In a message dated 95-09-21 07:49:49 EDT, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com writes:

>Since the sparks were so much longer than expected, I am going to have to
>either put up ground/strike wires in the garage or move outside.
>I'll tell you, I am totally thrilled to have just about outgrown the garage!
>There's nothing like having your own creation take off like that!

Chip,

Sounds like things are getting exciting.  Let me know how things go if/when
you decide to set the coil up outside.  I am in the process of rebuilding
everything so I can convienently roll it outside and plug everything together
quickly.  It is starting to get quite cold here at night - last night it was
down to about 30 degrees (Spokane, Wa).  Since you can really only run it at
night, I am getting concerned about rolling everything out of the garage to
get set up in the backyard and then having condensation get it all wet.  This
would be a major problem at 8kva!

Let me know how the photography turns out - what speed and aperture settings
work best in the dark.  I have taken pictures before but the video camera
always turns out best.

Ed Sonderman