[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Proven Design

Quoting gcerny-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com (Glenn Cerny):

> I picked up a 12,000v -at-30ma neon this past week.  Got my 3"
> PVC, and aluminum flashing too.  Have about 5,000ft of 22ga
> enameled wire on the shelf here.  Does anyone have a proven
> design using these components?  I have the Tesla Coil
> construction guide and 2 or 3 software programs.  The problem
> is that the book does not cover my specific neon and the
> computer programs do not come up with the same answer.

Well your best bet is to start off with a capacitor that will
pretty well match your power supply. A .07 microfarad capacitor
will work just fine with this transformer.

Next you need to wind a coil set that will tune in with .07
microfarads capacitance on the primary. Are you thinking about
winding the secondary coil on three inch PVC pipe?

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12