[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Inductive Ballasting

 * Original msg to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting Mark:

 MB> BTW, Tesla and Golka both used this technique.  You can see
 MB> the choking coil in the CSN photos.

Which photo. Both Richard Hull and I have looked, but we were not
able to positively identify any inductive ballast in any of the
photos.  The large horizontal coil near the capacitor bank is
easily identified as the regulating coil Tesla used to vary the
inductance on the oscillator primary coil. Another horizonal
object on the wall just to the left and above the Westinghouse
transformer has pretty well been identified as the spark
arrestors. The Westinghouse transformer is clearly shown, but
none of the xfmr primary wiring is in view.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12