[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Leaking capasitor tank

Hello all,

I just had a nice time with a leaking capasitor tank (PVC tubing glued
with THF-glue) and it appeared to be unrepairable until I tried
syanoacrylate-glue (those "superglue"s or instant glues) which worked ok..
The procedure works like this : just add glue to the area where the leak
is and then press a material that will NOT be adhered to the glue on top
of it (LDPE) - this will make a layer of glue on top of the leak and stop
it.. After this it's possible to glue some more PVC to the area..

I hope this helps someone with a similar problem.. :)

  Kristian Ukkonen.

| Kristian Ukkonen       |  Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law  |
| kukkonen-at-alpha.hut.fi  |           Fear is the mind-killer               |