[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 10KVA FET coil

Hi Alan,

The barrel is 2 feet in diameter and wound 3 feet.  The primary was very close
coupled with the secondary sitting inside it, so I guess the top turn of the
primary was 10 inches above the bottom turn of the secondary.  Don't forget,
we are using what is termed untuned "link" coupling.  This means we rely on
the close coupling to couple the high Q resonance characteristics back into
the driver.  At resonance the load looks resistive.  Above and below
resonance, the load looks inductive or capacitive respectively.  Current
leads/lags voltage, you get the idea.  So, properly drive at resonance and
your coil looks like a dummy load and should give the driver no problems.

Zap,
Mark