[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New to the group

> P.S.:	Rotary spark gaps are used for High energy
> 	Spark gap coils. The spark gap is used as
> 	part of the oscillator in this design. This
> 	is for ->NON<- Vacuum Tube designs. Get a book
> 	before you burn hardware.

This is not necessarily true.  I'm not sure of the details, but John Freau
from the Tesla coil builders of New Jersey, an avid tube coiler, is
building a tube coil designed by Dave Sharpe of the Richmond group that
uses a rotary spark gap.  Maybe Richard Hull would be able to give more
information if we asked nicely (please, please, please Richard!).

Steve Roys