[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: stepped leaders

> From tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com Wed Aug 21 23:50:24 1996
> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 22:25:16 -0600
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: stepped leaders
> To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>
> >From sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-comWed Aug 21 21:39:03 1996
> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:45:00 -0700
> From: Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-mail.wwnet-dot-com>
> To: tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: stepped leaders
>
> Hi All
>
> I must say that this has been one of the most interesting discussions I
> have ever had the pleasure to be a part of. It has not really offered a
> satisfying answer to the initial question...How does the spark grow.
>
> I would like to ask for some suggestions as to how to test several of
> the proposed hypotheses. I for one would be happy within my abilities
> and means to run some tests which would elucidate an answer.
>
> I already have, as I am sure others have, taken pictures pictures of the
> zigzag phenom at one to 15 second exposure times  which has been
> discussed. I will be attempting to take pictures at 1/1000 second with
> some very fast film to see if anything jumps out.
>
> If YOU have a suggestion to better define whats going on, please put it
> on the list and let's see if we can settle this.
>
> Skip

Hi Everyone,
I would like to add something here from my old photography days.
If you open the shutter and move the camera, multiple images will
be made on the film. I have seen this happen, by accident, when a
night exposure was made and the shutter froze open. Quickly moving
the camera away from the scene and replacing the lens cap resulted
in an image that had mercury vapor lights with bright and dim trails.
Maybe a simple camera can show more details if it is moved while the
shutter is open.
A fast shutter speed might produce deceptive results or no results.
Just a thought
Dave Huffman