[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Polepig use...

Hi Ed (all).

This is mostly to Ed Sonderman, but anyone who have some good input
might write as well.
Seems to me that You(Ed) and i have quite similar coils and just wondered
how you have setup the polepig you're using. I soon have two or more "pigs"
 in my posession.
They are from a closed down railway track(service transformers) and i guess
i can get a bunch of these for little or no money at all.
 Anyone ever used these transformers by the way?? The input on these are
about 16kV and out 220V.
I'm planning to use them backwards so my output will be about 12-13kV.
That way i don't need to construct so "big" caps.
How do you use the welder, "resistors" etc.... ? Some schematics of
different setups would be very interesting to see.
I might need some reply to this since we are talking serious power.
Don't want to fry something.

Also when you(American and other 110V countries) people say you use
220V where do you get it from?? Is it singele or polyphase? If
polyphase how do you make the connections to a single phase
transformer??(as i'm planning to use, suspects that your polepigs are
single phase too)
Anyone have some specs for a, let's say 10kVA polepig at 14,4kV.
. I suspect that i'm not
the only one who have tons of questions about the use of polepigs.
So please fill us "neonsign xfrmrs-soon-to-be-polepig" users in on
this, as there seem to be many of you using them.
Keep up the good work.

//Matt
       Matthias "Tesla" Andersson
  http://www.ixx.se/usr/tesla/default.htm