[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New to the group

Chip,
	I'm new to the group also and coiling. But not new the
engineering involved for these types of power systems. I live in
Bloomington Indiana and all of the businesses here ship in there
neon signs from out of state. Most of the dealers I talked to want
$80.00 or more for even a 9 KV 60 Ma. Luckily Bloomington is
also home of ABB power, and I just bought a new pole pig at the
factory. If you think neons are expensive, a new 5 KVA pole pig
is about $400.00. About repairing an old neon, the old ones where
filled with PCB type compounds and its a real mess. And according
to the Engineers at ABB the engineering is pretty tight.Ask Brent
Turner,he has a degreased neon in his book. Brent modified his
9 KV 30 Ma neon for 45 Ma output.

D. Gowin