[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

balloons

> I ended up with 5 balloons that all
>rolled with the eccentric property. Then I noticed the next
>strange effect of which I find fascinating. I held one of
>the balloons up to a light and saw a record or picture of
>the streamers that were there!

	Speculation:
	The streamers images were captured on the skin of the balloon by an
	effect analagous to 'lichtenburg figures', which i ASSume to be
	analagous to that producing 'fulgurites' in sandy soil from lighting.

	(has anyone done tesla coil fulgurites???  8)>>)

	Unable to guess for the 'heavier', erratic rolling might mean that the
	'skin' was nolonger uniformly flexible, if the discharge had modified
	the chemistry of the balloon skin...

	regards
	dwp