[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC primary wiring

Tesla List wrote:

> > > Subject: Re: TC primary wiring
> > Subject: Re: TC primary wiring
> > > Subject: Re: TC primary wiring
>
> >From gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.milMon Aug 26 21:43:16 1996
> Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 09:01:35 -0500
> From: Dan Gowin <gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC primary wiring

> > > Subject: Re: TC primary wiring
> >
> > >From major-at-vicksburg-dot-comFri Aug 23 22:25:45 1996
> > Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 08:16:17 -0500
> > From: RODERICK MAXWELL <major-at-vicksburg-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Re: TC primary wiring

> > > Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 09:58:18 -0700
> > > From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
> > > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > > Subject: Re: TC primary wiring
> > >
> > > Tesla List wrote:

Big Snip

> Mr. Hull,
>         Could  I get a response from you on this subject sir? You
> seam to be one of the resident coilers here. If proper load ratings
> are applied correctly, what kind of longevity will a pole pig
> enjoy?  And, is it possible for RF to break down the oil in a pole
> pig?  From what I understand, the reason for the neons demise is that
> the heavy RF breaks down the grease within the neon case and causes
> arcing between the windings.
>
> D. Gowin

D.,

I have never heard of a coiler blowing up a pole pig!  Nuff said!

A pole pig can easily blow up a coiler, however.  These items are very
dangerous and it worries me mightily that many rank novices are trying to
acquire these things.  I believe we will yet see a death from this "rush
to power".  Yes, it could even be me.  Conferred degrees, years of
experience and long time utilization will not warrant one proof against
accidental destruction by one of these monsters.

You could also be hit by a bus though.

Richard Hull, TCBOR