[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Addendum-DC Tesla

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
>
> >From huffman-at-d0tokensun.fnal.govTue Aug  6 21:25:54 1996
> Date: Tue, 6 Aug 96 08:26:58 CDT
> From: Dave Huffman <huffman-at-d0tokensun.fnal.gov>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
>
> > From tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com Tue Aug  6 00:00:14 1996
> > Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 22:25:20 -0600
> > From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> > Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
> > To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> >
> > > Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
> >
> > >From hullr-at-whitlock-dot-comMon Aug  5 21:40:24 1996
> > Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 10:34:50 -0700
> > From: Richard Hull <hullr-at-whitlock-dot-com>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
> >
> > Tesla List wrote:
> >

> > Malcolm,
> >
> > This effect can also be noted with a small running coil system.  You are
> > the isolated capacity.  as you approch the coil with a wrench, or other
> > metal object, as you reach out and fuzz emmits from the terminal of the
> > coil, a number of hard pulsed jolts are felt.  I am sure this is DC
> > pulsing related to the rep rate of the gap.  Naturlly, if you rush in and
> > let the white arcs play to the wrench, you feel nothing.  Don't try this
> > with big coils, naturally.
> >
> > I have every confidence that you are right and that the energy is no more
> > powerful (read dangerous) than it is, due to the load a person offers
> > both resistively and capacitively to a small coil.  Still it is
> > un-nerving!
> >
> > Richard Hull, TCBOR
> >

> To All,
> I have noticed this effect using a large globed light bulb (on a small coil).
> I thought it strange that just out of striking distance I felt 'shocks' while
> closer (actually drawing arcs) I felt no sensations.
> Richard, is this where you charged the isolated electrode?
> Just curious about this complex system with so few parts.
> Dave Huffman

Dave,

 You are absolutely correct!  The highest DC energy is collected on an
isolated capacity just out of strike range!  Just one strike will
instantly and completely discharge the collector. (hot bolt)   However,
DC charge can be collected as far a way as 30 feet probably more even
from a 25 watt system.

Richard Hull, TCBOR