[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary gaps -- machine work

I have turned two hubs from 2" round aluminum stock.  I faced the thing
in the lathe, and will use a boring bar to create the hole.  This gives a
hole that's perpendicular to the plane of the hub face.  The hubs are
about 2" long, so there's plenty of engagement of the shaft too.
>From the sound of it, everyone (both who replied as I write this) has
this problem.  Yeah, I already have the ball bearing blocks.  That was
part of my design.  Maybe I'll even take pictures and post them when done.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.  I believe that I'll shim up the worst
nuts and turn the tips of them down so they are all "true".

Chip

<SNIPPAGE>