[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

12/11/96

Ed wrote:

snip

>> Ed, (RH)
>>
>> As I have stated many times before, the process is indeed enhanced
>> with corona emmision and to the detriment of Rf output.
>> Furthermore, I have always said that the discharge to ground grossly
>> reduces the DC.  The electrostatic component is a purely currentless
>> phenomena for maximum effect and ultimately may not even be ion
>> related. (lotsa' work needed here)  If power is required, I would
>> tend to agree that the system is about like an equivalent van
>> d'graff system and is an ionic mechanism.
>>
>> I feel that rectification is not at work here!  The DC components
>> from Tesla systems have been recorded by us out to 20-50 feet from
>> the corona limit with a 20 watt system.  No corona discharge effects
>> of a rectifying nature out here.
>>
>> Richad Hull, TCBOR
>
>I must've missed your earlier posts, etc...
>
>I don't understand why you discount rectification. If you get
>something DC from something AC, I'd say (almost by definition) that
>you've got rectification no matter how small it might be. If there are
>a suprplus of negative ions being generated due to "rectification"
>near the tesla coil terminal, then they will repel each other and be
>flung far away from the discharge terminal, no?
>

>-Ed Harris

Ed,

There is no rectification of AC to DC current in TC coils.  Classic TCs
have three types of electricity (to use an old term for want of a
better term).  They have AC and DC current.  Both AC and DC are
transverse EM electricity.  They are dynamic.  TCs also have
electrostatic electricity.  ES is characterized by longitudnal
"current".  ES is governed by charge and changing electrostatic fields.
ES does not move around a circuit as EM currents do, so in this sense
it doesn't follow Ohm's law.  ES is fond of following metalic
conductors, but it also exists in dialectrics and insulators.  In both
forms, EM and ES may exist together in the same medium and be totally
separate and apart even though they propagate in the exact same
direction!  EM and ES have orthogonal fields and they do not interfere
with each other.

The top terminal in a TC oscillates with negative to postive ES charge.
There is very little current or magnetic field present.  There is huge
ES oscillation in reference to system ground.  When the the ES
potential exceeds air break down potential, ionization takes place and
an arc issues forth.  The same as lightning or a Van de Graf generator.
Any available TC AC follows the ionized arc column.

How is electrical energy translated between EM and ES?  Scalar
translators change EM <--> ES.  The most simple example is discharge of
a charged capacitor with a screw driver.  A closed loop discharge path
is provided and ES potential produces an EM current.  A TC is an
excellent example of a complex scalar translator.  It translates EM
into ES and also ES to EM when it discharges an arc from the top
terminal.

This is a new concept for "rectification" for most who are firmly
grounded in electromagnetic theory.  It is rectification of ES <--> EM
as opposed to AC <--> DC rectification.  Nikola Tesla was profoundly
aware of longitudnal waves and electrostatic electricity.  He spoke
derisivly of Heinrich Hertz and most pejoritivly of transverse
electrical propagation.  While not totally discounting transverse wave
propagation, perhaps we should study his writings and thoughts before
longitudnal waves are rejected out of hand.  As in any scientific
endeavor exacting experimentation and strict scrutney must apply to any
theory.  Currently much experimental investigation is directed toward
these goals

RWW