[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Measuring neon transformer current rating

Hi all..  I have a neon sign transformer that I got a while ago. It seems to
work fine (I've been running a jacobs ladder off it occasionally) and I'd
like to use it in a TC system, but it doesen't have a plate on it, and I
have no idea how much current it puts out.
 Is there any good way to measure it's current rating ?
It's pretty large (23cm x 10cm x 14cm) with 4cm long, 3.5cm dia ceramic
insulators on the ends - anyone have a similarly sized neon & could
hazard a guess ?

I'm planning on running with a 0.009ufd cap off it.

Thanks,
Chris

|Chris Cudahy             | B.SC. CS/Math - getting there|
|ccudahy-at-calumet.yorku.ca | Swim Bike Run Colapse        |
|http://www-home.calumet.yorku.ca/ccudahy/www/home.htm   |