[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> >From chip-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com Mon Dec  2 22:33:45 1996
> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 21:47:41 -0700 (MST)
> From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Dan,

I have published several scenarios similar to the one you depict above
and it is most likely the causitive agent in this process.  You neglected
coulombic acceleration from the discharger and the resulting failure to
sweep up all the original ions.  Furthermore,  one charge polarity
mechanism might prove to be more efficient than another.

The charging and acceleration by coulombic forces would be greatest with
a point attached to a massive terminal load. (which is what we have seen
and verified.)  In addition, The pulses in the ring cycle are diminishing
in amplitude with time.  It would stand to reason that the first pulse,
where most of the energy of the cap is expended, would determine the
charge polarity.  This has yet to be definitively shown, but will be
thoroughly tested out in the near future.  Look for my Tesla
electrostatics article in an upcoming TCBA NEWS.

Richard Hull, TCBOR