[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MODEL-T COIL UPDATE Te> Subject: Model-T coil update

>Should be good for a small TC as Bob wrote about, with "T" coils being hard to
>find (unless you want to pay a small fortune) I have been lucky finding them
>for $10 or less. I've seen them for as much as $50 new.

Hello all,

   I have about six model-t coils around here. (One is from a scientific
research company, and has built in terminal posts instead of the normal
connection 'buttons'.) I usually pick them up for around 20 dollars at
antique shows. Sometimes you get a bad coil, but it doesnt take much to fix
them. Usually just a bit of sand paper... Maybe depotting some of it and
making some new connections... So, my reason for saying this is that 'Yes,
they are kind of a rare find, but, if you look, they are around, and can be
bought at fairly good prices.'

   Also, the model T coils actually produced more kick than really
nessecary, so some versions of the reproductions have solved this problem by
making them less powerful...

Brad