[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacume tube TC

Ed:  If you're a ham, you can get on Clarence's 40 meter swap service.
Clarence W6DFG is in North Highlands CA has run this service for many
years now.  It's at 7240 mHz on Saturdays and Sundays, starts up around
1230 - 1245 p.m.  It basically covers the western tier of states,
occasionally as far east as Montana, but rarely.Clarence is real picky
-- this is ONLY for licensed amateurs, none others need apply.  I've had
great luck getting such things as filament transformers, plate
transformers and the like.  If you get recognized, you follow Clarence's
format and make your listing or give your "want".  If someone has it,
your phone starts ringing like magic.

Another guy, Jack K6LVD follows Clarence many times, with something he
calls "Radios that Glow in the Dark".  His service often can get you the
heavy stuff Clarence's can't.

The heater transformers in my rf deck were there to begin with, when I
got it.  It uses one for each tube, a 10V 10 A heater transformer; they
don't even get warm.

Good luck and good hunting.

73s

Stephen