[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tank Circuit Wiring

On this....
> Re: Gap across the transformer
>     I would think this would make a very large difference
> in the RF across the transformer and the probability of RF-
> induced winding failures.  Do you have any further opinions
> on this subject?

I made a comment earlier. The fact is that the transformer is excluded
from the primary circuit while the gap is firing if the gap is
connected across the transformer whereas it is not if the transformer
is connected across the capacitor. Whatever the transformer might see,
the oscillating primary circuit will certainly "see" the transformer
in the second case.

Malcolm