[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Filtering on Neons

Hi all,
       Further query on this from Phil....

> Well, I put two beads each on both lines out of the transformer secondary,
> and a couple more on the feed to the high voltage transformer. I think the
> performance of my coil was unaffected, by and large. However, I did find that
> the addition of the ferrites shifted the tuning position of the coil - I had to
> use an extra two turns of primary.

Presumably this is operational tuning, yes?  If you attempted to tune
using scope/sig gen with the transformer connected I would have
expected a difference. But in operation, The sparkgap should be
leaving the transformer out of the ringing circuit (shorting it) -
or do you have the primary capacitor connected across the transformer?

Malcolm